Monday, March 27, 2017

2 Ewes, 24 Hours and 5 Lambs

Well, not sure what's going on with the post, but it's a bit wacky, so bear with me if things don't seem to make sense.

Saturday night, I knew 10 year old Twyla was so very, very close up.  So, when I went in to feed on Sunday morning, I wasn't surprised to see two lambs, including one arriving as I did.

What I didn't expect was to see a THIRD lamb pop up from the other side of her.  Yes, good ol' Twy had her a set of triplets.  As did her daughter Ginger last summer.  A tiny ewe, a huge ewe, and a fine ram right in the middle.

This morning, it was deja vu all over again, but this time, I had the camera out and ready, and just caught Ginger delivering her second ram lamb.  Two fine boys for her this time.

Since the pictures are all screwy here, I'll do my best.  Enjoy the cuteness overload, and beware of some ick and goo down the line!


Less than 12 hours from delivery
A lot of legs there!
Ram lamb
Ewe #2 ( third born)
Tiny ewe #1
Ram, ewe, ewe
Who's up for milkshakes!
Ewe #3
The look on Twyla's face says it all

Son finds a cozy spot on mom's huge udder
And, here come's Ginger's #2 ram!

Yes, it was that fast
Less than 10 minutes, up and at 'em
Ginger's boys
Ginger's boys, 6 hours old

Twyla's daughter
Twyla's son
She may be tiny, but she's feisty!

1 comment:

  1. Glad they are all doing fine, the moms and their many babies!

    ReplyDelete