Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Garden Season Ends

It was coming.  I could feel it.  So I kicked into gear and started filling up the greenhouse with the tender stuff and stuff that I wanted to overwinter if I could.  And it was a good thing too - just shy of the freezing mark that very night, and a lot of stuff would be on its way to the ComposTumbler.
 
A few days before that, I had picked all the green tomatoes I figured I could ripen in the house over the next few months.  I've done this before and it works surprisingly well.  Those that were ripe enough went into the freezer bags for future canning use; the rest were washed, the iffy ones set aside for the hens, and when they were dry, loaded carefully onto nursery flats, covered with newspaper and set next to the wine cooler to ripen indoors
 









No comments:

Post a Comment