Thursday, July 16, 2015

Melonzilla

I knew this would be a disaster in the making....
 
Something so innocent and full of hope...
 ....has turned into a science experiment gone full on nuclear out of control

 Two 'Kakai' pumpkin plants.  Think I would have learned my lesson from one last year.  But those roasted hull-less seeds were sooooooo good!
 For the first time in 9 years, success with 'Sapomiel'!!  14 melons and counting!
 Not to be outdone, the sickly, tiny tomatoes I poked in the ground a month ago are loaded with fruit
And the first of the peppers!!

4 comments:

  1. It IS a great year for gardening; those veggies love this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, THEY might, and don't get me wrong, I'm grateful as hell I'll be canning tomatoes for days in a few weeks, but still, I can hardly wait for the rains to come back. Hope they come back. They better come back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. All the rain clouds moved elsewhere. Permanently. So it appears,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Possibly to the southeast and parts of the Midwest, according to the weather channel. Not fair - give it BACK!!

    ReplyDelete