Monday, June 29, 2015

Mighty 'Maters and Other Stuff

It's always a feast this time of year.  Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries for breakfast while watering makes for a fine breakfast.  I swore I'd pick and freeze the blueberries this year so I could make blueberry jam and jelly, but as usual, didn't happen.  The strawberries were scheduled for homemade shortcake.  Yeah, like I thought that was ever gonna be the case.
 

 The hollyhocks are hitting their stride
 Lovely, ethereal gaura
And, the 'maters and peppers.  I started a bunch of tomatoes back in February.  They sat in their six packs, sad and scrawny, until I just said to heck with it, and a few weeks ago I just poked them in the dirt.  They were literally the size of small pieces of straw and I fully expected every one of them to die.
 
I guess I will be canning tomatoes like a madwoman in a few months.....

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Breakfasting while watering is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is!! So quiet and peaceful and everything just tastes soooooooo GOOD!!

    BTW, glad you passed on BSG?? Bet it was miserable!

    ReplyDelete