Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Best Beef Book EVER

Yesterday, my buddy Carla and I had a girl's day out in Corvallis, and one of the shops in old town we hit was Many Hands Trading, kind of a funky, Corvallis version of Pier 1 Imports.  They were having a huge sale, and one thing on sale was this book by Joseph, Oregon resident Lynne Curry.  What caught my eye besides the 'Artisan Beef' bit was the 'grassfed' bit.  Now, folks who have eaten our own grassfed beef know that it's different than what you get at Safeway or even Costco, but this is the first time I've seen, in print, the reasons WHY.  And, more importantly for people looking to make the switch to the much healthier grassfed beef is how to properly cook it.  I have a guidesheet I send along with my beef when I give out the odd sample to let people know how to cook grassfed beef properly.  This book goes WAY beyond that, and I expect to learn a ton.  I couldn't put it down last night.
 
If you are making the move to grassfed, you must get this book
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to reading that book, next visit!

    ReplyDelete