Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ho's Final Hours

I knew these next two posts would be the hardest, so I did all the rest first.  During his  last hours. the Ol' Man got to do some of his favourite things one final time


His GQ look - crossed paws, impish look on his face

One last pasture gate shot - love the contrast of his red against the green of the pasture

One last trip in his beloved puttputt around the ranch.  The ranch manager, making sure all is well before he leaves forever

With the daffodils, in full, rowdy bloom

Finally, at peace and pain free, going for his last car ride

1 comment:

  1. Diane Ostrem and ShastaApril 3, 2013 at 10:47 PM

    Beautiful, Beautiful Ho-Dog. I wish I met you in person. I am blessed to have your daughter who from what it sounds like has so many of your traits, looks too. I could not imagine life w/o her and I am sure your house is just not the same. ... Be advised, your daughter loves to bark too, pretty much over anything that excites her or to tell me someone is here. She loves to lay in my lap, sleep by my side and explore all the beautiful places we hike to. She is such a large piece of my heart - thank you for your part in making her... Someday, you will meet her, I just hope it is not for quite a while.

    Dusty, I am so sorry for your loss, I could not imagine my house w/o Shasta, I can only imagine how quiet yours is without Ho-Dog. From all you wrote about him, I'm guessing Shasta definitely has lots of his traits. I am so thankful she is in my family. My heart goes out to you and yours, sometimes the most unselfish acts we must make are some of the hardest. Much love from Shasta and the proud mom that owns her, Diane.

    ReplyDelete