Sunday, March 4, 2012

Oldie But a Goodie

Flossie is my oldest ewe, one of the first born on the ranch out of one of my original Barbado ewes, bred to a fine Dorper ram. Thus, Flossie is a Dorpedo. She still reliably lambs without any help, just as she's done from the start. And a few hours ago, she delivered a nice set of twins, boy and girl, that look just like all her lambs - little white topknots, and the ram with a sugar sprinkle on his body (those will disappear, darn it).

Two more holdouts, Miriam and Patty. Since it is once again supposed to snow tomorrow and Tuesday - after almost reaching 60 here at the ranch yesterday and 63 down in Eugene! - I hope they get'em done today!

It appears that the heavy fog this morning fogged up the camera lens. Or maybe since I haven't had my coffee or packwalk yet, it's just my eyes.



Janie, momma Flossie, and Toby


Toby eyes the camera


Toby's little white spots on his body will eventually disappear




No comments:

Post a Comment