Saturday, November 19, 2011

Henry and Catera

Dale just got home from his 'vacation' down in San Diego for the past week. He had a chance to catch up with old pals, see both of the old homesteads, and most importantly (oh yeah, there was a work thingy too), see 14 year old Catera and Sybil's bro Henry out in Poway. The first thing he said about Henry was 'gorgeous'. The second thing, 'nice low heel - too bad it was on ME'. Yeah, daddy Hoke, wonder where THAT trait came from, eh? Henry's stockdog trainer and daddy Hoke's breeder called Henry an 'Aussie's Aussie', and if anyone would know that, it would be him. So I'll take that.

Catera is happy as she can be, sharing her personal space with such a high energy hooligan. She turns 14 on Wednesday, and is a little tubby these days, but still wants to go for a walk when Henry goes with Guy. Funny, but I see some of her in Sybil now that I've got a few pix of her here. Catera is our first Hall of Fame dam, put there by her kids by Hall of Fame sire Chaps, of which Ho Dog (aka the ol' man) is one of. Her last remaining sibling is also living in Poway, just around the corner from Catera, and that is Sherman the red tri dog from the wonderful Hall of Fame sire Jack and Jazzee litter.

It's great to see the two redheads (oh yeah, and Kris and Guy too!), and it's also great that Dale made it back from the wilds of Southern California safe and sound and just in time to see our Ducks go down at the hands of USC (oh the SHAME of it!). He's happy to be home as well, and the dogs were all ecstatic to see him.

Enjoy the slideshow!



14 year old Hall of Fame Catera, Kris (age not disclosed) and 15 month old Henry








I recognize this sit. Great-great-great grandma Morgan used to do this lovely sit in obedience trials to show her contempt for what she was being asked to do. Seems to run in the family bloodlines, eh?


Wise old Catera and goofy great grandson Henry


I absolutely LOVE the look on Catera's face! 'I'm a good girl. I get it. I know how to pose. Just shove him out of the way and take pictures of me instead.'


The regal, if somewhat (okay, more than somewhat) tubby great-grandma. Hey, great-grandmas, especially ones this old, are allowed a little extra padding! Dale did say that a lot of that is just hair. Wish I could use that excuse


1 comment:

  1. Ok, thanks for feeding my "I gotta git me a red dog" fetish...

    ReplyDelete